new member :-D

Post problems, suggestions, and site related questions here
Wed 4. Mar 2015, 22:00

• Hello people,

New member here! I found the board through facebook. Actually I have not been working on any lcars the past few years but rewatching tng I might give it a go again!
    I remember back in the day www.lcars-interface.de by Tobias Weimann was my main source of inspiration. I was completely bummed out to find this website offline :cry: Anyone any idea's on what happened to (in my opinion) the best source of lcars on the web? It ran for almost a decade. I tried contacting Tobias through some (probably outdated) e-mail adress I found on the web to see if his libraries will ever be made public again. We'll see.

In the mean time... an Ent-D MSD sounds like a good way to get into the art again :D

LLAP
    unstablewarpfield

Wed 4. Mar 2015, 22:42

• Hi be very welcome here in our forum ;) it is very nice that you found the way to us. As you could see our forum is very small and very clearly...

As you I also started watching TNG as digital remastered version on blu ray. I think that you also do exact this!? ;)

I do also knew T. Weimann and I have been a great friend to him. His website is off over years for now. I do also have a lot of email addresses belonging to him and tried over years to reach him but I never got a message back. I never find out what happens to him. I also think that you will never become a message from him. It is very strange.

Did you also knew lcarsc.com? This site here is the official follower. The raiser from this site called Robert also deleted the forum from one day to another and we heart never again from him. Also in this case we have no clue what has happened to him. I think W. Weimanns libraries will also be lost forever.

You wrote that you worked on LCARS long time ago. Does it mean that you are also a great LCARS artist like many others here in this forum? Why did you stop doing LCARS stuff?

We are very happy that you will give LCARS a new chance ;) I am very curious on your LCARS artwork. Do you still have older LCARS graphics you did so far? You could post everything because I love it!

By the way I do LCARS PROPS that is my passion. Please have a look in the LCARS PROP section in this board ;) Have fun here and be very welcome again!
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

Thu 5. Mar 2015, 00:44

• Welcome here.

Well, I think lcarcs & okudagrams by JoeRalat was before lcars-interface. And there are many other great sites by members of this community. AFAIK lcarcs got hacked by some guy claiming from somewhere in asia but the IP says otherwise. There's a log somewhere where you can check it out.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Thu 5. Mar 2015, 17:55

• Welcome to Nu-LCARS.com. I agree about LCARS-Interface, it was a great website and luckily I stored all the graphics before it shut down.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich
    Last edited by Cmdr.Kerner on Sat 21. Mar 2015, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
    Never give up - Never surrender!
    Cmdr.Kerner
    bronze
    bronze

Thu 5. Mar 2015, 19:32

• Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! Really appreciate it.

I have been a star trek fan since I was 7 years old and saw the first runs of tng. Throughout my teens in the 90's I became interested in computers and ever since my dad had a windows 95 pc I started playing around with building websites. From 96 until 99 I ran a startrek based website here in the Netherlands. It was never any good, nor well visited but the combination of star trek and pc's is something I have always enjoyed. During thesame time I got the game starfleet academy which featured a lot of TOS-movie era graphics. I figured that I would be able to make something similar on my website but the idea never took off.

My first lcars that I made was actually for a project in college about space travel and future propulsion designs. It was printed on poster format and decorated the walls of my college for many years :-D I will try to see if I can find the graphics on my hard drive.

After that came a long time of little doodles like lcars doorbells, car stickers, ufp logo etc.

About ten years ago I started to build a console in tng style with the ent-D ops panel in it. Unfortunately the project is still on ice as we speak :-) Who knows... maybe one cold winter.

Furthermore... nothing special to tell about myself. I enjoy reading fantasy, writing fantasy, playing the guitar (mostly punk-rock) and I enjoy my job a lot, which is teaching physics in highschool. Oh... and I won a little trip to space last year with the axe apollo space competition. Slated to launch next year around februari/march with Space Expedition Corporation :-) That is gonna be awesome :D

Edit: Dietrich... Is there any chance of sharing your backup of Weimanns library?
    unstablewarpfield

Thu 5. Mar 2015, 21:03

• So welcome here, feel free to enrich the forum with your work and opinions!

okudagrams.com died unforunately very fast, and it was cool to find lcarsc.com with help of deif, as we know each other from there for, my goodness, nearly nine years now! :D

Well, lcarsc.com also died very fast, I never received any echo by Robert aka explorer, so well, now we
    are here, many others of the old places found this place, and that is cool!

To mention deif and Picard, without these two guys, I would not be able to write down these lines here! :!:
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Fri 6. Mar 2015, 18:37

• unstablewarpfield wrote:Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! Really appreciate it.
    Edit: Dietrich... Is there any chance of sharing your backup of Weimanns library?

Hey unstablewarpfield,

on this website http://www.filedropper.com/lcars-interface I uploaded all the LCARS-Interface files for you. It's a 81 MB rar.file.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich
    Cmdr.Kerner
    bronze
    bronze

Sun 8. Mar 2015, 11:23

• Wow... Dietrich... That is amazing! You actually rescued a lot of the artwork and a lot of the vector files!

I managed to get an old harddrive working yesterday that had beer spilled over it once (yeah... don't ask). I managed to crack it open, spin it a couple of times manually and it worked again. On it I found the vector file for the ent-D ops station done by Weimann. I will upload it as soon as I am done correcting class tests here.

Thanks a lot for this!
    unstablewarpfield

Sun 8. Mar 2015, 11:39

• unstablewarpfield wrote:Wow... Dietrich... That is amazing! You actually rescued a lot of the artwork and a lot of the vector files!

I managed to get an old harddrive working yesterday that had beer spilled over it once (yeah... don't ask). I managed to crack it open, spin it a couple of times manually and it worked again. On it I found the vector file for the ent-D ops station done by Weimann. I will upload it as soon as I am done correcting class tests here.

Thanks a lot for this!

No probem, my pleasure.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich
    Cmdr.Kerner
    bronze
    bronze

Sun 8. Mar 2015, 12:59

Sun 8. Mar 2015, 22:29

• aslo from my side a warm welcome. and thnx for your participation here. enjoy the forum!
    deif
    silver
    silver

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 03:14

• Well done, Dietrich.
    I had never had the time to go through all of the forums. It's good to know things are not lost.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Next

Return to GENERAL

Information