Almael's Star Trek Technical Manuals & bits

here you can post your graphics from various TV shows and movies

• Well, it's been a long time since I made the ST Technical Manual/Handbook so you can get them all for all I care.
    I'll release the ones still not up or quite finish yet, sometime later.
    Go here
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Managed to get everyone cept:

Prestige Technical Manual
    Wells Technical Manual
    General Reference Handbook 2
    If your not laughing, Your not living ~ Carlos Mencia
    Capt. Kaiser
    ocossium
    ocossium

• There you go Handbook2.
    The majority of my stuff in there is even older (pre-2000) than anything you had seen so far from me... Only some bits and pieces at the end and the Prestige-class additions are "newer".

The Prestige TM's text has been more or less complete for quite a while but I never got around to read a few books for checking/completing the timeline and I haven't all the 3D graphics ready. I probably won't add them after all as I haven't put it all together yet. There are more than a few files (100+) dispersed and used in numerous other projects. And for some I have no idea what I'm looking at anymore. :oops: I you still insists then I will redact unfinished parts a bit before uploading.
    The Well TM is less complete, although, I got more 2D pics at the ready...
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Your welcome.
    Now that I look at it again. I didn't put in some pics for the containers and I could have put in a bit more stuff. Ah, well, maybe in Nr.3 then...
    And btw the tractor beam graphic could be turned into a calculator disc like the real stuff engineers and soldiers use. I just didn't bother to make it more convenient.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Just out of curiosity
    What would you like to see in a Handbook #3?

The things I could offer right now is:
    -the isoton yield graph or formula
    -fed encryption (for the next thousand years)
    -heavy modular transport shuttle; I guess I need to flesh out some fluff story
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• -the isoton yield graph or formula
    -fed encryption (for the next thousand years)

What is that exactly?
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

• Exactly what it says
    -the yield of photon torpedoes or the like weaponry; it applies to most except the most extremes of Melon gazillion values and the misinterpreted ones and of course the crap JJ Abrams has put out based on that. And of course cases where it's obviously used for masses rather weapon's yield don't count either.
    -(our) "encryption" of the future ... the ultimate ... Top Federdation secret :D .... until temporal technology will replace it with dispersion all over the timelines. This is not fandom or made up prediction so ... this is all I will say.

I have been thinking of discussing shield formulas but I will pass since there's hardly any canon stuff to evaluate and test on.

Well, with just this three items making up a 3rd handbook is too little imho. Feel free to apply requests or things you want considered. I will evaluate them for whether they have merit and are worth adding. My standards are high so be prepared e.g. I don't take kid's stuff unless it's from a genius.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• I guess I will add phasers and a bit of talk about shields.
    Although, I have figured out the physical/mathematical basics for phasers it's virtually impossible to reverse engineer a working equation. There are just too many parameters to adjust. And frankly, despite the huge amount of data provided in the ST-TNG TM, it's less than half of the vital data. The best you can get is some pseudo equation describing it.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Let's get a bit nerdy and have a short step by step discussion on some of the TNG technology in detail (kind of), since this isn't exactly done in the TM's or handbooks.

Many fans are romantically enamored with fighters and phaser cannons so let's start with that.
    To start sizing up a fighter we take a look at the various sub systems rather than the fighter itself which is just a fancy shell for the systems

Phaser cannons (Plasma cannon, Disruptor)
    To give a fighter the necessary punch we will start with designing up and discussing a type X phaser cannon.
    The starting point will be using the type X prefire chamber as a basis. The emitter crystal will be discussed later.
    To maximize fire power in a compact form it's best to arrange the prefire chambers in a circular constellation with the smaller side making up the bore.
    We get a cannon with the highest space efficiency and best compactness with 7 prefire chambers. The bore is just a bit more than 1.6 m in diameter coincidentally about the size of the Defiant's cannon.
    ImageImage

As will be clear later the bore size limits the phaser cannon's fire power. This is one reason why phaser arrays have phased out the simple TOS and TMP phaser cannons.
    Some might say the plasma like on the Defiant could be boosted for more fire power. It doesn't matter as any technological improvement can be used for the phaser array, too. The difference is a physical not a technological one.

Some might point to compression phaser technology. This is not about miniaturization. As above it doesn't matter, although, it would be very expansive for a phaser array.

Some smart people might come up with lining up the cannon "barrel" wall full with phaser emitters. That is basically lining the barrel with phaser arrays. For example future Galaxy dreadnought. But...
    1. It's a waste of phaser arrays and it loses its size advantage.
    2. It still got all the disadvantages of a phaser cannon

As can be seen the cannon grows enormously in size. Even with tweaking, size adjustments and rearranging it will still be big.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Next

Return to SCIFI GRAPHICS

Information