LCARS NV

Tue 17. Jan 2017, 08:25

• Well well, been ages since I've posted. Just overall busy and with all the instant chat, I tend to forget about forums.

So yea, so I'll just start out strong!

I've made great progress on a little bit of software I'm calling LCARS NV, short for Environment, might switch it to ENV when official launch happens. The application is a shell setup that runs under all current windows, never comes to the forefront and is available on every virtual desktop (windows 10). Think of it like the old style Windows 'Active Desktop' but instead of webpages, it is specifically setup to run LCARS methodology based applications.

Once the GIL locking issue is fixed up for Windows 10 I'll start releasing things.

Images attached are what the window manage will probably be looking like since I just redesigned it, lol. Still not quite happy with the 'maximized' left but it will get there.

One of the last features I want to have in the initial release is to have a handful of eyecandy, animated screens that can go between different interfaces to function as a 'screensaver' so if anyone wants to display any of their awesome work in the LCARS NV, just send me a source and permission!

-Aricwithana
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sun 22. Jan 2017, 05:50

Mon 23. Jan 2017, 17:42

• looks great so far. look forward to see more. thnx for sharing.
    deif
    silver
    silver

Wed 25. Jan 2017, 19:47

Sat 4. Feb 2017, 19:38

• Thanks to both of ya!

Things are slowing being worked on. Once cefPython is updated to the newest stuff, things should move a hell of a lot quicker. I also have a friends rPi device so once I pick up a spare SD card for it, I should have a device that boots to a functional LCARS environment.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Wed 5. Apr 2017, 16:36

• Double posts from Facebook for ya'll!

The first app to exist for the LCARS-NV, a Duty Task Time Tracker. I mainly need it for work, lol

Hope ya'll like the screens!
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Wed 5. Apr 2017, 16:58

Thu 6. Apr 2017, 22:55

Fri 7. Apr 2017, 20:13

• Thanks both of ya! Ignore any lists of text on spacing and alignment. The DOM will make it all pretty so I only have it somewhat aligned for illustrator. Everything else is guided to pixel perfection except the horizontal horseshoe, 1 px off in spacing in the buttons for their top and bottom spacing, which was soul crushing so I pretend it was pixel perfection for the framing and buttons. lol

Here is a preview of another view, the admin area that will graph out data, app settings, voice command updates and archived data. It isn't done yet by a long shot. Just working on the basic framing and how I want the main view to animate into it.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Mon 10. Apr 2017, 15:47

• Here is some completed screens for the base for the data analysis version of the admin section!
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Return to SOFTWARE

Information