LCARS SDK

Thu 9. Apr 2015, 06:59

• Ok, time to start off in this spanky new section of the forums! Sorry it took a little bit after having it created, busy busy!

Short end of the story is that the LCARS SDK is a collection of tools and standardized environment to create high quality, functional and canon methodology LCARS interfaces within a webview. Since webviews are vector based, an interface created in Illustrator, Flash or other vector program can be directly ported into CSS. I'm a crazy one. I feel the LCARS methodology, if expanded and applied correctly, is a perfectly valid one we could use for everyday work.

The SDK resides as two parts, the design (CSS/HTML) and the function (JavaScript API). At a minimum the CSS, or modified version of the CSS is required to create an interface. The JavaScript API allows for an easier and dynamic system to create, maintain and update within a functional system. The JavaScript API is just one version of the API that could exist. There are rumors a few fans are working on ports to PHP, Angular and other framework libraries.

As a present and to show off the ability of the SDK, I've provided a sample module in zip form, a simple screenshot is also attached and the live version via the link below. Make sure to view the URL or the index.html file within the downloadable zip with a modern web browser (IE10+ and updated Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari). Should work ok for most modern mobile.

Special thanks to deif, since he said I could use his designs to port into the SDK. It isn't a 1:1 port, I had to tweak since I capped the height to HD 1080, so check things out full screen! Mr. deif, take a look at the colors, I eye droppered from the png so if I've got any wrong, let me know and I'll update. The bracket content is 'offline' since I didn't want to just crop the image. If you're willing to share with me the vector file (illustrator or flash) I could do up a SVG for the content but totally up to you!

So yea, I think that about covers it. My design ability is decent but I'm no real designer. There are a lot of small projects on the way and hopefully the quality and ability of the SDK, and my willingness to write up code, many of you will hopefully be willing to lend a design hand now and again!

http://lcarssdk.org/projects/astrometri ... s-by-deif/
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Thu 9. Apr 2015, 16:08

• good you've started here. hope, there will sem dynamic here soon 8-)
    deif
    silver
    silver

Thu 9. Apr 2015, 21:56

Sun 10. May 2015, 07:07

• The website has gotten a big refresh! Hope everyone likes it, though no legacy browsers please. lol

deif, I've got the UI I created from your design live and linked on the site for everyone to see!
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Return to SOFTWARE

Information