Active State

Fri 13. Mar 2015, 23:20

• I wasn't sure where/how to ask this so I thought I'd just put it in this area since it has to deal with graphics.

Other projects (and mine included) have an active state of white when an element is being clicked/touched.

Does anyone know if this is canon or just fan adaptation for easier HCI? I can't think of anywhere in any of the episodes or movies that a display turns and element white (or another color) when interacting with it.

If it is canon, could anyone provide a source?

I'm just debating on making the active white state be an optional thing in the LCARS SDK, just wondering which way should be default.

Thanks again!
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Thu 19. Mar 2015, 04:49

• An update on my quest here.

So far there hasn't been an instance of an active touch state. White and other colors are used as a switch state but nothing so far. Some of the better possibilities came from first contact and nemesis but they were just simply switch states.

So unless anyone in the future can cite otherwise, I'm going to be removing the active state as default within the SDK. It can still be an optional thing, along with hover states for desktop/mouse interaction. The LCARS UI I've got developing on my phone, not having an active white state also feels more correct and interactive immersive.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Return to GRAPHICS REQUESTS

Information