Color Rotations

Sat 24. Jan 2015, 18:52

• Hey hey! While sure, this isn't exactly a 'graphics request' it does deal with color and well, I'm terrible with color.

http://www.lcarssdk.org/projects/alert-hue-rotation/

So a little something something I put together. Use a modern browser and NO, IE does not count (doesn't support filters). Roates the hue 0-360 deg and then greyscales out and back in.

Mainly what I'm attempting to do create a color grouping (14 colors - 5primary - 4Secondary - 3 Accent - 2 Highlight), that when normal create a typical LCARS color set. When hue-shifted, they create another color set that matches up well with at least red alert but hoping for red/blue and the green rotation is Borg inspired. Grey alert, granted there is no color shifting but being able to set a percentage of greyscale.

If anyone is up to the task let me know. If you can handle a little CSS, you can download UI above (link in the Command Buttons in the header) and play around. If not, I can do some testing.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sat 24. Jan 2015, 22:12

• looks great so far.
    here are two files with LCARS colorschemes. they are a bit older, but i hope, they will be helpfull.

Color32.png

LCARS_Coloursv1.jpg

regards
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    deif
    silver
    silver

Thu 29. Jan 2015, 03:11

• The trick is trying to find the right combination that when hue rotated, we can go between different modes without needing a full set of separate colors.

I'm attempting to simulate what we see with the backlit consoles when they go between normal mode and red alert. So say a yellow button then looks yellowed after the backlight changes.

It might not be possible with hue-rotate to achieve a similar effect but I'm not that great with color so was checking if others might have some thoughts.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Tue 3. Mar 2015, 19:59

• deif wrote:looks great so far.
    here are two files with LCARS colorschemes. they are a bit older, but i hope, they will be helpfull.

Color32.png

LCARS_Coloursv1.jpg

regards

Hi Deif,

did you do this color schemes? I asked me if there are used illuminated consoles as reference or not illuminated ones!? I found this helpful pictures in the internet (and no I do not will to start a color scheme discussion)
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

Return to GRAPHICS REQUESTS

Information