Displaying some data for a MC

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 03:09

• This was one of the side projects I put on the way side. It is a simple media center. I've got the basic framing in order to my liking but I'm having trouble with the upper content panel in how to display the data. I modeled it after one of Voyager's astrometrics views (seen in the background). Took a 150x60x10 pattern and meant for use on a 1080 or 720 display. It will flex responsively for other screens (to a limit) but native is for TV viewing.

The main data would be in the top frame of course and would show different views. These would be like directory/file listings, split view to show playlists on left-content on right, split view new playlist on left-directory listing on right as a start.

Neat thing is that the media center can host a local UI allowing mobile devices to control the media center.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 16:46

• Is it all "only" blue or is there also a colored edition, when I may say like this ...
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 17:02

• Oh that is just the "default" color I used while doing the layout. Makes the overprint grid show up nicely.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 17:38

• Okay, nice to know. I am looking forward to see more!
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 19:32

• If I can fanagle something sure, if not maybe one of you guys might take a whack at it. I'm one of those oddball people that doesn't like to compete, I just like making things. The SDK is meant for all kinds of projects and collaborations but I just don't have time (or design skill at times) to finish.

So I thought to start off with something simple to throw out there in case it might tickle a fancy of any of ya and want to take a whack at completing. Anyone that wants, I'll throw up the AI file.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 21:05

• yes, please do that with the ai-file.
    deif
    silver
    silver

Sun 28. Sep 2014, 22:47

• Sure Sure! File too big to attach, uploaded to my server atm:

http://lcarssdk.org/upload/MCENTER-169.ai

I also am keeping a spot in my Git repo for specific AI files:

https://github.com/Aricwithana/LCARS-SD ... ter/vector

Not much there yet, and needs an update when I push the next tweaks to the SDK in the next couple days.

Edit: I'm also thinking that the directory/playlist/settings view and the like might just be fully different panels instead of integrating it all into one view. The view above would be what is shown while a video/audio file being played.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Return to GRAPHICS REQUESTS

Information