JUST ANOTHER LCARS

here you could post your wonderful graphics showing the Library Computer Access and Retrieval System of the Star Trek universe
Sun 8. Mar 2015, 22:21

• and one more new display: the warp coil alignment display from the defiant bridge engineeringstation. enjoy!
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    deif
    silver
    silver

Mon 9. Mar 2015, 07:47

Mon 9. Mar 2015, 16:01

• thnx, adge
    good to hear from you..... :!:
    deif
    silver
    silver

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 03:10

• Yes, nicely done.
    Btw. anyone notice that this magazine image Image
    is actually drawn wrong? I mean the control room should be at the front and not in the back,
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 12:39

• thnx, almael
    btw, the link for the pic doesn't work - 403 error
    deif
    silver
    silver

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 13:02

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 20:55

• It's the Galaxy nacelle image from ST magazine found at http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/galaxy1.htm
    Maybe it's just me thinking it wrong.

That's perfectly fine but whether it's hosted by you or on an image hosting site anything on the net spreads uncontrollable. So it's kind of useless trying to restrict things. It's either sharing or not at all.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Tue 10. Mar 2015, 21:52

• okay, thnx.

i'm with you. you share your stuff, knowing that there will be always some stupids misuse your trust or your let it be. unfortunately our world isn't perfect...... :(
    deif
    silver
    silver

Fri 13. Mar 2015, 23:28

• deif wrote:okay, thnx.

i'm with you. you share your stuff, knowing that there will be always some stupids misuse your trust or your let it be. unfortunately our world isn't perfect...... :(

Almael wrote:It's the Galaxy nacelle image from ST magazine found at http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/galaxy1.htm
    Maybe it's just me thinking it wrong.

That's perfectly fine but whether it's hosted by you or on an image hosting site anything on the net spreads uncontrollable. So it's kind of useless trying to restrict things. It's either sharing or not at all.

Agreed with both of ya. With how I do things I don't have a choice but to make it open and available to everyone, there isn't any good ways to hide css/js/html, even if I wanted to. The only time I'd be unhappy is someone is claiming it as their own or making money off of it. Otherwise, whatever happens, happens.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sat 14. Mar 2015, 07:43

• Hi Everyone,

I also agree with you all that sharing files and pictures is paramount. However, hot linking direct to a web site is against international law and most web masters stop it as it's stealing their paid bandwidth. See here for better information: http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/hotlinking.shtml

Aricwithana makes a far point, its far easier to either link to the web site or if the website allows downloading to share the pictures/files this way on your own PC. :)
    Adge
    ocossium
    ocossium

Sat 14. Mar 2015, 19:07

• Adge wrote:Hi Everyone,

I also agree with you all that sharing files and pictures is paramount. However, hot linking direct to a web site is against international law and most web masters stop it as it's stealing their paid bandwidth. See here for better information: http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/hotlinking.shtml

Aricwithana makes a far point, its far easier to either link to the web site or if the website allows downloading to share the pictures/files this way on your own PC. :)

Ah very true. I don't agree with hotlinking, unless it is from Facebook, they sell my data I might as well be able get something back on that unequal exchange. lol
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sun 15. Mar 2015, 07:41

PreviousNext

Return to LCARS (OKUDAGRAMS)

Information