STAR TREK Voyager LCARS bridge panel (SCIENCE STATION)

here you could show your self made Star Trek PROPS and the development process of these

• Now we got it ;)

This is a LCARS panel 1:1 recreation of a Star Trek Voyager bridge console as authentic as possible. The print is done on double layered film and adhered to the reverse of a thick smoked acrylic plate. It is a very high quality industry print done in Germany. Highlight is that all black elements will stay black while illumination. Many other reproductions on eBay are only printed with an standard inkjet printer on A4 film for home use in bad quality. Those graphics will have the problem that black elements will light up and become gray during backlit illumination.

All you have to do is add to a light box which is not included.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- original size
    - buttons in accurate dimensions
    - on thick smoked plexiglass plate
    - rounded corners
    - high quality industry print on double layer
    - black areas stay black after illumination

We worked over years to get a panel in such a quality and we are working also in future producing LCARS panels. Our goal is to find the exact production process out. For that we worked with different people together.

On the video you could see the backlit illumination flickering to demonstrate that the panel is black when it is offline. That simulates an energy collapse on the main bridge.

Have fun with it ;)

http://www.vidup.de/v/tJSIg/

Here are some additional pictures:
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Nice work.
    You might want to check out how laptops are lit. They have the light source on the site and use a transparent (acryl?) plate to transport the light all over the back side. Hence, it makes the light shine more evenly.
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Almael wrote:Nice work.
    You might want to check out how laptops are lit. They have the light source on the site and use a transparent (acryl?) plate to transport the light all over the back side. Hence, it makes the light shine more evenly.

Well the uneven backlit is traditional, I think it looks pretty good!

I'm of two minds when it comes to the backlit-lightbar vs monitor. As the series progressed we saw more and more monitor based, mainly when there was the need for animations. With a quality, glossy monitor, LCARS looks so beautiful it isn't even funny but it lacks that backlit look. I want to get a color eink device and see how LCARS would look since PADDS didn't seem to have that gloss style consoles have.

With our current technologies I just don't know if the backlit effect while at the same time utilizing a monitor. Is there anyone here that has the knowledge to research better than I? Being able to use a glossy touchscreen monitor while still being able to pull off the lightbox look would be one hell of a boost for interactive props. Currently, any backlit LCARS is essentially a static use item, a freaking awesome item but....I want more!

Picard, I love it, love it!
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

• So what is the best approach for backlighting Mr. Picard? Do you use a tube/row of LED or do you go the led light string path?

I'm just wondering because I found out that yes, we can strip down a monitor to just the pixels and have it see through!! Once a friend is back in town he has an older LCD monitor I'll be attempting to pull apart and backlight like we see in canon as a test-prototype. It might take a filter behind, I'm thinking something stage lighting would use. Going to talk to the sister in law since she is a theater director. lol
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

• it is different what I am using. On the pictures you could see above I used a LED light stripe in cold white. But I do know that they used neon bulbs in original shows like Star Trek Voyager and so on but I saw that I did not get good results with neon tubes because the display stays too darken and I did not understand this...
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

• Picard wrote:it is different what I am using. On the pictures you could see above I used a LED light stripe in cold white. But I do know that they used neon bulbs in original shows like Star Trek Voyager and so on but I saw that I did not get good results with neon tubes because the display stays too darken and I did not understand this...

Ok, wasn't sure if it was something more complicated than that or not. I'll take a look at LED lightstrips and see what I can find. A friend suggested a thin piece of black velvet I think to help darken the blacks since black 'glows' on an lcd screen. Once I get to the point to display some pictures of this test/prototype I'd love to see your thoughts, you are obviously way way better at this than I am, haha.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

• Aricwithana wrote:
    Picard wrote:it is different what I am using. On the pictures you could see above I used a LED light stripe in cold white. But I do know that they used neon bulbs in original shows like Star Trek Voyager and so on but I saw that I did not get good results with neon tubes because the display stays too darken and I did not understand this...

Ok, wasn't sure if it was something more complicated than that or not. I'll take a look at LED lightstrips and see what I can find. A friend suggested a thin piece of black velvet I think to help darken the blacks since black 'glows' on an lcd screen. Once I get to the point to display some pictures of this test/prototype I'd love to see your thoughts, you are obviously way way better at this than I am, haha.

are there any news? ;)
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

Return to STAR TREK PROPS

Information