Captains chair build finished

here you could show your self made Star Trek PROPS and the development process of these
Tue 3. Feb 2015, 08:14

• Another commissioned Captains Chair finished. Turned out really nice. What do you guys think. I am a first time poster in this forum, thanks for having me. Message me if you are interested in getting a Captains chair for yourself.

DenverAtTake2

Tue 3. Feb 2015, 20:03

• Hi and thank you so much for your posting. It is very nice to have you here onboard and believe me you enrich this forum. I like Star Trek PROPS and it is nice to see such an authentic Star Trek PROP you did.

You are sure it is not the real chair from the TOS bridge? ;)

Would be very nice to get informations about the development process of the chair especial in respect to the real and screen used PROP. What would such a chair cost?

Would you also build the Star Trek Enterprise D captains chair? I would be very interested in that...

By the way did you get detailed informations about LCARS PROPS?

AGAIN thanks a lot for sharing! Looking forward further postings... I think it would also be great if you post your video about the chair :!:
    Picard
    ocossium
    ocossium

Tue 3. Feb 2015, 20:06

• Very cool, amazing work on this! Well, I would ask for the costs, too.
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Tue 3. Feb 2015, 22:04

• Thanks guys. There has been over a year into research. Countless trial and errors. Talking to original prop makers from the show. Traveling the us meeting different people at conventions and people who worked on all the original projects.

It has been a great adventure. Through the use of photo geometry software and actually purchasing plans through several production companies we have finally came up with the exact dimensions of the original chair. The exact materials used and the exact construction methods. Those methods were dated so we updated them with newer methods and changed a few key structural points to make it more robust than the original.

Every piece you see: the intercom housing, the rocker switch bezel, the triangle indicator lights, the white pushbuttons and bezels and the domes are all made to the exacting specs of the original.

Through friends of friends I was able to source from Greg Jein and Doug Drexler molds that were made from THE actual buttons used in the show. So we at Take 2 Productions are currently the only company that has these molds so we are able to offer an exact replica of was on the show. The black upholstered "madison" chair was blue printed from an original as well. So we reproduce it in exactly the same way they built it in the 60s and using the same materials and assembly process. We feel it really is as close as you can get to the original. We are developing an interactive site which will let you choose upgrade options like: leather, different control layouts from the different seasons and episodes, sound effects, and tv / home network control with an integrated tablet or smart phone, Bluetooth speaker connectivity.

Price for the stand chair (pictured) is $1500.00 US. Which includes 5 sounds of your choosing. Vinyl upholstery, 15 led indicator lights, 2 of 8 functioning rocker switches, data card reader with 1 data card, all functioning buttons and a 180 degree memory return swivel.

The Captains edition is $2000.00 US and has all the features of the standard plus: leather upholstery, 25 sounds...10 from the functioning data card reader with 4 data cards, 10 from the control panel push buttons and 5 from the functioning 8 rocker switches, Bluetooth speaker for your phone or music.

We have shipped to the UK as well as Australia. We are proud to offer the finest version of this Chair.

Please feel free to ask questions or post commenrs. I will try and answer them all. I will also get a video up soon of the chair in action. Several videos are on YouTube of the Chair we built for Stan Lee at the 2014 comickaze event in L.A. look forward to your questions and comments.
    DenverAtTake2

Wed 4. Feb 2015, 09:05

• wonderful stuff! i like to sit into one of these and let my mind fly where no man has gone before......
    deif
    silver
    silver

Wed 4. Feb 2015, 20:04

Fri 13. Feb 2015, 03:49

Fri 13. Feb 2015, 16:34

• DenverAtTake2 wrote:I guess only a few people are Original Star Trek fans.

Right, TNG is my show. But you still find a lot on the TrekPropZone.com.

Dietrich
    Never give up - Never surrender!
    Cmdr.Kerner
    bronze
    bronze

Sat 14. Feb 2015, 23:02

• Nope, I have created two TOS show concepts plus the stuff around!
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Sun 15. Feb 2015, 02:19

• Even though I'm of the TNG generation I have no problem with TOS. And it looks well done so who cares. Well, it must be comfy, though. Playing for hours could be bad otherwise. :lol:
    Almael
    ocossium
    ocossium

Sun 15. Feb 2015, 19:59

• Great stuff. I asked my friend regarding the Enterprise-D chair you enquirer about and he would be willing to take orders but to not release the process on how to build it as he spent as long as you in research and is not ready to release the info yet.
    "You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"
    www.startrekblog.wordpress.com
    admiral_reliant
    ocossium
    ocossium

Mon 16. Feb 2015, 04:53

Return to STAR TREK PROPS

Information