LCARS DOMods

here you could show your self made Star Trek PROPS and the development process of these
Sat 8. Nov 2014, 02:31

• The Android Launcher I wrote uses custom UI modules to create pretty much any interface or interaction a person can want! There is a library updated coming from a 3rd party that I use and wanted to release a new LCARS interface along with it.

This UI is special, only each quad is shown at any one time. Swipe to trigger motion animation or tap-hold-drag the UI and have it snap into place. While it looks like the larger 'gap' between quadrants are large but when viewed only one quad at a time, it is the standard 10px frame spacing.

The DMD will be responsive, and thus as long as the resolution of the device is 640x340 (after pixel ratios), one can use it! With it not scaling, elements are native size and very finger friendly.

As usual ignore any odd spacing, like on the Gamma quad grid or tick lines in the sliders in the Delta quad. There will be a couple surprises to boot!

Say hello to DMD-QUAD 360 MARK I.

Edit: Added second image to show the official color change. Greens were played with.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    "Madness in method, that is genius."
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Tue 25. Nov 2014, 19:18

Thu 27. Nov 2014, 08:35

• that's great stuff. looks awesome. thnx for sharing.
    deif
    silver
    silver

Fri 27. Mar 2015, 17:53

• Thought I should post a picture here!

Yes I still have the image above to finish working on, but was running into animation issues on older devices and wanted to give something that most people could use for the first one.

I've got a few things left to finish for functionality but the core of this new DOMod, calling it the Captain's Chair, is ready to go.

The top framing is mainly eye candy with its body content being a meter readout. If the weather stuff I use works right, the framing will also house weather data. I know it might be a little small, but, hey, PADDs got pretty small there also. lol I can read the text on my phone and once one knows what the meters are, well, all that matters is color/position then. It will house some easter-egg stuff if I get the time for the fun of it.

Overall, I'm very happy with how it works at the moment. I've found that if the screen is low brightness and I'm outside, I don't have to actually see what I'm touching to know what I'm doing on the device!
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Fri 27. Mar 2015, 19:21

• I like the colors, especially the yellow tones.
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Fri 27. Mar 2015, 23:03

• Kmpr´rak wrote:I like the colors, especially the yellow tones.

Thanks! I've still got to work on the color layout on the upper framing, it doesn't feel quite right yet. Attached the full color selections, the 5-4-3 is working quite well.
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Fri 27. Mar 2015, 23:06

Sat 28. Mar 2015, 07:57

• Got some more work done on it here tonight!
    ― Leto Atreides II
    Aricwithana
    yrmenium
    yrmenium

Sat 28. Mar 2015, 17:23

• Comes good, I know from own experience how difficult it is sometimes with a color scheme ...
    Kmpr´rak
    deltagold
    deltagold

Return to STAR TREK PROPS

Information